× Members

DLA/MOTOBILITY

More
8 years 8 months ago #140660 by stripey1877
DLA/MOTOBILITY was created by stripey1877
Hi

I am currently in receipt of an indefinite award of DLA both higher rates. On December 2014 I got a Motobility car, which most of you will know is for 3 years. I had intended to get another one when my lease ends, however as all indefinite DLA claimants will be reassessed for PIP by October 2018 will I still be able to apply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140667 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA/MOTOBILITY

stripey1877 wrote: Hi

I am currently in receipt of an indefinite award of DLA both higher rates. On December 2014 I got a Motobility car, which most of you will know is for 3 years. I had intended to get another one when my lease ends, however as all indefinite DLA claimants will be reassessed for PIP by October 2018 will I still be able to apply.

Hi s1877,

If you still have a HR DLA Mobility Award when your current Motability agreement expires circa December 2017, then you should be able to enter a fresh agreement.

However, you will of course have to re-evaluate whether or not you will qualify for an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award when you are transferred over.

If at the time of transfer to PIP you have an existing Motability agreement and fail to gain an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award, your car will be taken off you.

For further information you should contact : Motability.

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

PIP Self Test

&

Lifetime DLA claimants forced to apply for PIP early in 29 more postcode areas.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.