× Members

My PIP was smiley friendly

• nosnibro
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140700 by nosnibro
My PIP was smiley friendly was created by nosnibro
I have pelvic distortion 4 contused discs with arthritis and back spasms that put me on the floor 3 times a week. I have trouble showering without pain. I cant get up first thing in the mornings due to severe stiffness and I have to crawl to the bathroom
Im worried that as I cannot physically manage when the spasms happen and its too dangerous to be in the kitchen and how im going to cope as I live alone.
I dont have any DLA or PIP running as its a new claim. I had to give up work 5 years ago doing a job that I loved so much ( carpenter/builder) Do I have any chance at all? My assessment was at home( she had to let herself in as I couldnt get out of bed (it was too early in the morning and my morphine hadnt kicked in )
I cant walk further than 20 m with a stick either and couldnt barely stand and was only able to take one step as I struggled to stay on my feet.
I realised that there was some questions she didnt ask me, that I had written down on my added A4 notes attached to the PIP forms. I forgot to readdress these in the home interview, My inability to wash my back neck to my waist and dry myself properly.
She was extremely pleasant (Capita HP) but so was the Athos SRN who lied in my Esa interview 2 years ago. I successfully appealed and got 15 points and support group.
My problems have escalated in the last 6 months where i have to make phone call appointments with my doctor as I cannot sit or stand for long periods in the waiting room to get to see her in person.

Does the PIP assessment take into consideration the report of the ESA , are they linked ? and I was wondering also ,how long it would be to get the decision as I sent my forms off on the 7th of August and had my F T F 14th Sept. yesterday.
I almost missed the apt too as the apt. letter was dated the 1/9/15 and I only got it one full working day beforehand. I wonder where it was for nearly 2weeks. Phew.!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140712 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My PIP was smiley friendly
nosnibro

They can use an ESA report but are not required to do so, based on the reports from the forum, usage appears to be rare, also the ESA report would need to be relevant and there are only a few areas of overlap.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.