× Members

Holiday to USA

• nosnibro
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140704 by nosnibro
Holiday to USA was created by nosnibro
Hi I am receiving ESA support and my son has invited and paid for me to go to USA to see him and get some well needed sun and have a break as Ive not had a holiday in 10 years.
I want to go for as long as possible (3months) do I HAVE to notify DWP ? .... my claim is not on review till 2017.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140711 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Holiday to USA

nosnibro wrote: Hi I am receiving ESA support and my son has invited and paid for me to go to USA to see him and get some well needed sun and have a break as Ive not had a holiday in 10 years.
I want to go for as long as possible (3months) do I HAVE to notify DWP ? .... my claim is not on review till 2017.

Hi nb,

Yes, you are supposed to inform ESA even if you are to be away from home for a day or more.

Under normal circumstances you can only receive ESA for 28 days if going abroad, after that your ESA payments will cease.

Have a read through : This Topic and : This Associated Topic from the same member.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.