× Members

PIP - ATOS phone call after completed apllication

More
8 years 7 months ago #140728 by amberkindness
Hello,

I received a message from ATOS on my answer phone asking me to phone them back. I sent my PIP application away over two weeks ago.

Have you any advice how to deal with them when I phone them?

I'm really nervous about it.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoJoBonetto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140729 by Gordon

amberkindness wrote: Hello,

I received a message from ATOS on my answer phone asking me to phone them back. I sent my PIP application away over two weeks ago.

Have you any advice how to deal with them when I phone them?

I'm really nervous about it.

Thanks

It is likely in connection with a face to face assessment.

The first question is to you, are you up to talking on the phone to ATOS, if not then you could get someone to phone on your behalf, or phone them yourself and say you cannot manage a call and they will have to contact you in writing.

If you can manage the call, then the only advice I can really give is to not feel pressured to provide a specific answer and if you do, to feel free to terminate the call, although you should try and explain why if you do.

If you have the facility available, I would record the call. You do not need to inform the other person as long as you are only going to use it yourself.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140731 by amberkindness
Replied by amberkindness on topic PIP - ATOS phone call after completed apllication
Thanks for your reply.

I am feeling really tired and I have no one to phone on my behalf.

Is it acceptable to say I don't feel well enough to take the call and please send a letter instead?

Thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #140732 by Gordon

amberkindness wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I am feeling really tired and I have no one to phone on my behalf.

Is it acceptable to say I don't feel well enough to take the call and please send a letter instead?

Thanks

Yes!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #140737 by amberkindness
Replied by amberkindness on topic PIP - ATOS phone call after completed apllication
I phoned ATOS and they were phoning to ask me to attend a short notice assessment. I told them on phone I said on my form I would be unable to do that (due to health problems)

They said this was okay.

I managed to record three calls I had to make to them including the one she hung up on me when I first phoned. (Although not sure if this was just an accident)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.