× Members

Going from Work Group to Support Group? ESA

• John
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140740 by John
Hi all,

It's been a very long journey but since being on ESA I have applied for PIP. The journey look familiar to anyone?

* Applied for PIP
* Had medical
* Denied PIP
* Requested Mandatory Reconsideration
(Had to claim JSA during this!)
* Denied PIP
* Appeal
* Tribunal goes in my favour
* Awarded Standard Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility.
(This took almost a year to sort out, so stressful)

My question, as I've been awarded PIP and in turn will be applying for Severe Disability Premium too, is it possible to be asked to be changed groups in ESA? CAB have said they would get me in soon to do that but I would like to know the process.

Many thanks,
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140744 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Going from Work Group to Support Group? ESA
Hi John,

You can contact DWP and ask for a 'supersession' of your award. Thus will trigger the whole reassessment process, possibly including a face2face assessment.

The onus will be on you to prove that there has been a deterioration in your condition since you were last assessed and that you now meet the Support Group criteria.

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you cannot prove a deterioration you will have to wait for a routine assessment. You can find out when this is due by contacting DWP.

Don't forget that the Decision Maker will be entitled to remove your award, leave it as it is or increase it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.