× Members

Worried! No letter from DWP yet, re app for PIP!!!

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140766 by caroline moy
Hi there, Has anyone else had this problem?
My daughter lives in the TA postcode area and has an indefinite award for DLA. Judging by DWP's stated schedule she should have received a letter from them during June, or latest July, inviting her to claim PIP. She has still not received anything but does NOT want to ask them in case this prompts them to tell her to claim PIP anyway.

Has anyone else not received a letter when they thought they should have done? If so has anyone found a discreet way to check whether they should have been sent one without alerting the DWP to the fact that they have been overlooked? Has anyone heard about letters being 'lost' in the post? Does anyone know whether the DWP will send any further letters if they don't hear back from you or will the DLA benefit just be stopped? Is there only three weeks to make your claim, if you don't even know whethyer you should be making one yet?

Hate feeling anxious just because it's too alarming to ask the DWP what's going on, in case it makes my daughter's situation worse by reducing her benefit (by changing from DLA to PIP)!!!!!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140779 by bro58

MinderMum wrote: Hi there, Has anyone else had this problem?
My daughter lives in the TA postcode area and has an indefinite award for DLA. Judging by DWP's stated schedule she should have received a letter from them during June, or latest July, inviting her to claim PIP. She has still not received anything but does NOT want to ask them in case this prompts them to tell her to claim PIP anyway.

Has anyone else not received a letter when they thought they should have done? If so has anyone found a discreet way to check whether they should have been sent one without alerting the DWP to the fact that they have been overlooked? Has anyone heard about letters being 'lost' in the post? Does anyone know whether the DWP will send any further letters if they don't hear back from you or will the DLA benefit just be stopped? Is there only three weeks to make your claim, if you don't even know whethyer you should be making one yet?

Hate feeling anxious just because it's too alarming to ask the DWP what's going on, in case it makes my daughter's situation worse by reducing her benefit (by changing from DLA to PIP)!!!!!

Hi MM,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

TA Postcode (Taunton) only became "PIP Active" for Indefinite DLA Awards recipients from 01/09/15 !

Just because your daughter's Postcode became "PIP Active" for DLA Indefinite/Lifetime Award recipients from 01/09/15 does not mean that she will be "invited" to claim PIP straight away.

It could happen any time between now and October 2017 !

As clarified by this extract :

"Not everyone in these postcode areas will be contacted to claim PIP right away. Claimants can be contacted any time between 13 July 2015 and 30 September 2017.

Existing DLA claimants will continue to get DLA until DWP writes to them to let them know when it will end and what to do next."

"The move from DLA to PIP in the 29 new areas began on 1 September. The transfer process is expected to take over two years, with the DWP saying claimants can be contacted at any time up to 30 September 2017"

From our associated : News Article.

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

&

PIP Self Test

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago #140815 by caroline moy
Replied by caroline moy on topic Worried! No letter from DWP yet, re app for PIP!!!
Hi Bro58, Thanks for your reassuring reply.
I quoted my daughter's post code incorrectly as TA (my own), hers is BA and the info states that their area became PIP active in June. As her post can be erratic (both receiving and sending - mail lost randomly) I am concerned as to whether they have sent one or not.
Does the person have just three weeks from receipt of letter to make an application?
Does anyone know whether the DWP send any follow up letters if the person does not apply for PIP or is your DLA just stopped?

Many thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140825 by Gordon

MinderMum wrote: Hi Bro58, Thanks for your reassuring reply.
I quoted my daughter's post code incorrectly as TA (my own), hers is BA and the info states that their area became PIP active in June. As her post can be erratic (both receiving and sending - mail lost randomly) I am concerned as to whether they have sent one or not.
Does the person have just three weeks from receipt of letter to make an application?
Does anyone know whether the DWP send any follow up letters if the person does not apply for PIP or is your DLA just stopped?

Many thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

IF your daughter has been invited to claim PIP and has not received the letter, then they will write to her again giving her a further four weeks to make a claim, her DLA will be suspended at this point, but will be re-instated once a PIP claim is made.

If she has still not made a claim at the end of this second four week period, then her DLA claim will be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: caroline moy

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140859 by caroline moy
Replied by caroline moy on topic Worried! No letter from DWP yet, re app for PIP!!!
Hi Gordon,
Thank you very much for that key piece of info, that DWP will write again, presumably if they receive no response to their first letter? Also that her DLA would be reinstated once a PIP claim is made. I really am very grateful that you have explained this.
No doubt she and I will be making good use of this website when she needs to make her claim.

Thank you again.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140866 by bro58

MinderMum wrote: Hi Gordon,
Thank you very much for that key piece of info, that DWP will write again, presumably if they receive no response to their first letter? Also that her DLA would be reinstated once a PIP claim is made. I really am very grateful that you have explained this.
No doubt she and I will be making good use of this website when she needs to make her claim.

Thank you again.

Hi MM,

Even though you state that your daughter's Postcode is BA (Bath) and not TA, (Taunton) if you look at the information from the links that I provided, again, BA (Bath) did not become "PIP Active" for DLA Indefinite/Lifetime Award recipients until 01/09/15.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.