× Members

PIP award

• Jutey
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140771 by Jutey
PIP award was created by Jutey
Just received my DDs award it's been awarded for 3 years. They have really underestimated the time it takes looking after her and her points score was 13 when it should have been nearer 30. The award stays the same at enhanced rate but we were really close to losing out. I don't think it's worth the hassle challenging but I am making a formal request for the report.

Just wanted to make others aware. Will post back when I receive the assessors report to confirm if there have been any discrepancies.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140786 by
Replied by on topic PIP award

Jutey wrote: Just received my DDs award it's been awarded for 3 years. They have really underestimated the time it takes looking after her and her points score was 13 when it should have been nearer 30. The award stays the same at enhanced rate but we were really close to losing out. I don't think it's worth the hassle challenging but I am making a formal request for the report.

Just wanted to make others aware. Will post back when I receive the assessors report to confirm if there have been any discrepancies.

Hi J,

Congratulations on your DD's award !!! :cheer:

Yes, it would not be prudent to challenge/request an MR of the Enhanced Award, as the award will be reconsidered from scratch !!

This could result in the award being reduced or taken away altogether.

There is of course nothing to stop you ringing and requesting a copy of The PA4 PIP Medical Report.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

More
8 years 7 months ago #140791 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP award
Congratulations, thanks for taking the time to let us know!

I suspect that, as with ESA, the Decision Maker/assessor stops the process once the criteria for the highest award has been reached. Hence your DD not scoring in areas you would have expected her to.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jutey

More
8 years 7 months ago #140792 by Bazzel
Replied by Bazzel on topic PIP award
Congrats on the award! Well done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jutey

• Jutey
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140932 by Jutey
Replied by Jutey on topic PIP award
Incredibly frustrating as they said she needed help to cut up food. She is tube fed and unable to manage her feeds and needs full time support. Time spent was 3.5 hrs a week when the assesor said 3.5 per day.

Anyway not worth quibbling about. Thanks for your support.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.