× Members

Awarded PIP, but ?

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140777 by sharonselliennell
Awarded PIP, but ? was created by sharonselliennell
Hi, I wrote to you at the beginning of the month after being awarded PIP. Little did I know that's not were it ends, I had know idea it as to go back through the courts system to see if they approve of the award. This can take 28 days and upto 8 weeks to get the final result. So its not good news as they keep you dangling on the string again. Would you know the percentage of people who are turned down by the second court disicion. Would like to say HOW STRESSFUL IS ALL THIS. Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140784 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Awarded PIP, but ?

sharon wrote: Hi, I wrote to you at the beginning of the month after being awarded PIP. Little did I know that's not were it ends, I had know idea it as to go back through the courts system to see if they approve of the award. This can take 28 days and upto 8 weeks to get the final result. So its not good news as they keep you dangling on the string again. Would you know the percentage of people who are turned down by the second court disicion. Would like to say HOW STRESSFUL IS ALL THIS. Thanks.

Hi s,

Yes, I remember you posting that you had been to your Tribunal Hearing : Here two weeks ago.

It would be normal for The DWP to take 6-8 weeks to "action" a Tribunal decision and make payment of any back payments owed !!

This process can take even longer if the amount of back payment owed is for a larger amount to cover a longer period.

As with the appellant, The DWP have 28 days to request a Written Statement of Reasons with a view to looking into whether they have grounds to appeal to The UTT.

However, again, as with the appellant, they cannot simply appeal to The UTT because they do not agree with the decision, an Error in Law must have occurred in the Tribunal coming to their decision before one can appeal.

It is far to early in the process to worry yet !!

If you are happy with the Tribunal's decision, what you should not do, is contact them and request a Statement of Reasons, as The DWP will also receive a copy even if they do not request it themselves.

Appeals to The UTT are the exception rather than the rule !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.