× Members

ESA fit note

More
8 years 7 months ago #140821 by hicky1
ESA fit note was created by hicky1
hi if i apply for ESA for my daughter who has cerebral palsy and has never worked as just finished full time education but claims PIP enhanced for both parts do i have to get fit notes off doctor or will current letters and reports from her consultants be enough to show that she is unfit for work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140832 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA fit note

hicky1 wrote: hi if i apply for ESA for my daughter who has cerebral palsy and has never worked as just finished full time education but claims PIP enhanced for both parts do i have to get fit notes off doctor or will current letters and reports from her consultants be enough to show that she is unfit for work?

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, she will need a Fit Note in order to make a claim for ESA and will need to maintain it until a Decision on her claim is made.

Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for further information about ESA.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141170 by hicky1
Replied by hicky1 on topic ESA fit note
whats the quickest way to send a fit note?

started the esa claim friday fit note should have been done monday but was delayed until today picked up note and doctor typed wrong start date took it back in and he hand wrote a short note on note to say that it should be 12th of september not the 23rd and signed it. phoned esa to check it was ok but said no need a new note so back to doctors in the mean time a letter arrives today dated 21st of september asking for fit note to cover dates from 19th or money suspended or stopped.

i haven't received any money yet and wasn't expecting to get any until at least beginning of october depending how quick note reached them.
claim only started friday surely they give you time to get fit note and post before sending letter to chase it
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141175 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA fit note
Hi Hicky,

I have merged your topics as I am assuming you are still talking about your daughter's claim.

Unfortunately, the words 'reasonable' and 'sensible' are rarely applied to the workings of the DWP!

The best way to get the fitnote to DWP quickly is to get your local JobCentre+ to forward it for you (they may fax it or scan it in to the system.Contact them first as some centres insist that you must have an appointment in order to get into the building!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hicky1

More
8 years 7 months ago #141198 by hicky1
went to local job centre and they took fit note off me and put it in a plastic bag didn't see them process it or fax it they did make a note on system that note was on the way. i don't need another note until 15th of december thankfully

More
8 years 7 months ago #141236 by hicky1
got letter this morning saying ESA can be paid from the 12th of september but payment starts from the 23rd 7 day rule? checked bank nothing so any ideas how long roughly before payments are made into account? also recieved the ESA50 form which i have already completed i used the online version so ready to post

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.