× Members

Going outside the UK query?

• MissM
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140855 by MissM
Going outside the UK query? was created by MissM
I'm appealing an ESA medical decision and awaiting for my payment to be reinstated at assessment rate so I'm currently not in receipt of ESA (or JSA/UC). I sent off my SSCS1 yesterday so hopefully I'll be receiving payments again in the next couple of weeks. My boyfriend has booked a surprise short trip to Dublin for my birthday for the first week in October which he only did yesterday. I understand that I should give notice before going away, and I was planning to do so tomorrow, however would I still be able to give them notice if I'm not currently receiving ESA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140865 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Going outside the UK query?

MissM wrote: I'm appealing an ESA medical decision and awaiting for my payment to be reinstated at assessment rate so I'm currently not in receipt of ESA (or JSA/UC). I sent off my SSCS1 yesterday so hopefully I'll be receiving payments again in the next couple of weeks. My boyfriend has booked a surprise short trip to Dublin for my birthday for the first week in October which he only did yesterday. I understand that I should give notice before going away, and I was planning to do so tomorrow, however would I still be able to give them notice if I'm not currently receiving ESA?

Strictly speaking, as you are not in receipt of ESA at the moment you are under no obligation to notify them of any travelling that you might be doing.

It may take a couple of weeks for the Tribunal Service to process your appeal request and for them to notify the DWP, after that the DWP should put you back onto the ESA Assessment rate, once this happens then you come back under the restrictions that ESA places on you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• MissM
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140899 by MissM
Replied by MissM on topic Going outside the UK query?

Gordon wrote:

MissM wrote: I'm appealing an ESA medical decision and awaiting for my payment to be reinstated at assessment rate so I'm currently not in receipt of ESA (or JSA/UC). I sent off my SSCS1 yesterday so hopefully I'll be receiving payments again in the next couple of weeks. My boyfriend has booked a surprise short trip to Dublin for my birthday for the first week in October which he only did yesterday. I understand that I should give notice before going away, and I was planning to do so tomorrow, however would I still be able to give them notice if I'm not currently receiving ESA?

Strictly speaking, as you are not in receipt of ESA at the moment you are under no obligation to notify them of any travelling that you might be doing.

It may take a couple of weeks for the Tribunal Service to process your appeal request and for them to notify the DWP, after that the DWP should put you back onto the ESA Assessment rate, once this happens then you come back under the restrictions that ESA places on you.

Gordon

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was concerned about; I might be back on ESA by the time I go away and I was concerned there might not be enough time to notify them. I rang up the DWP contact centre before and was told that I didn't have to notify them unless I was going away for more than 28 days anyway.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.