× Members

Should I?

More
8 years 7 months ago #140887 by little effie
Should I? was created by little effie
Hello again.
A while ago I used the incredibly useful guides to achieve a pip award of standard care and enhanced mobility. The award is until Jan 2017 so presumably will receive a renewal form in a few months.
The problem is that following a fall last October I now have nerve damage and complex regional pain syndrome in my arm.This means life has just become a whole lot more difficult having practically no use of arm and hand adding the relentless pain which has meant I can no longer use crutches etc.
So the question is do I let the DWP know now that things have got worse or leave it to renewal? If I do leave it will they then think it can't be that much worse or I would have told them?
Any advice will be much appreciated
Effi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Should I?

steffi wrote: Hello again.
A while ago I used the incredibly useful guides to achieve a pip award of standard care and enhanced mobility. The award is until Jan 2017 so presumably will receive a renewal form in a few months.
The problem is that following a fall last October I now have nerve damage and complex regional pain syndrome in my arm.This means life has just become a whole lot more difficult having practically no use of arm and hand adding the relentless pain which has meant I can no longer use crutches etc.
So the question is do I let the DWP know now that things have got worse or leave it to renewal? If I do leave it will they then think it can't be that much worse or I would have told them?
Any advice will be much appreciated
Effi

I'm afraid that this is a decision that only you can make, in case you are not aware most fixed term PIP awards are being assessed a year early, so I would expect you to receive new forms at the beginning of next year.

Changes in your condition have to have effected you for at least three months before they should be considered in regard to PIP, this may offer you a reason for not having reported it earlier.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: little effie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.