× Members

DLA Reassessment queries

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140927 by digitalrace
DLA Reassessment queries was created by digitalrace
Hello
I am completing the form for reassessment of DLA claim and have 3 questions.
1.I want to make it clear that I do not get some of the help mentioned on the form. I am wondering if it is advisable for me to state,
'even though I do not get some of the help mentioned on this form it would be beneficial if such help was available to me'?
2. DLA form has a hole punched in the corner and I am intending to use 'Treasury tags' to attach extra information and medical reports. Is this a good idea or should I staple everything together?
3.Does being signed for at DWP handing site mean that my form has been received and will be processed from that signed for date. Or is there a further process after signed for date?
Kind regards
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140930 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Reassessment queries

digitalrace wrote: Hello
I am completing the form for reassessment of DLA claim and have 3 questions.
1.I want to make it clear that I do not get some of the help mentioned on the form. I am wondering if it is advisable for me to state,
'even though I do not get some of the help mentioned on this form it would be beneficial if such help was available to me'?
2. DLA form has a hole punched in the corner and I am intending to use 'Treasury tags' to attach extra information and medical reports. Is this a good idea or should I staple everything together?
3.Does being signed for at DWP handing site mean that my form has been received and will be processed from that signed for date. Or is there a further process after signed for date?
Kind regards

Hi dr,

In answer to your queries :

1. To be entitled to DLA Care Component, you do not have to be receiving the care needed, it is whether the care is "Reasonably Required", otherwise no one living alone would ever receive DLA Care.

There is therefore no need for the comment !

You only have to show that due to your Care Needs and limitations the care would be reasonably required.

For MR Care you must show that the care is reasonably required either throughout the day OR the night.

For HR Care you must show hat the care is reasonably required both throughout the day AND the night.

DLA Guides

&

DLA FAQ’s

2. There should be nothing wrong with using Treasury Tags to attach extra A4 pages/documents.

3. you should post the renewal forms to arrive at the return address no later than the deadline date provided.

As long as you have done this, it is not your responsibility regarding how long it then takes to arrive on the correct desk.

You could ring DLA when you know that it has been signed for to check that they have it :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.