× Members

Contributions Based ESA Scholarship

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141019 by JediCP
Contributions Based ESA Scholarship was created by JediCP
I've previously had Contributions Based ESA and a student loan - no problems.

I am now doing a year extra at uni with no help from student finance, however I have been awarded a scholarship by the university. I'm due to get circa £4.5k over the 12 month period.

Will this affect my Contributions based ESA Support Group? I'm pretty sure some on here have said it wont affect it.

Also a side point, originally when I first went over to Conts based ESA, I was placed in the WRAG, this decision was challenge and change on appeal by letter and I was then put in to the Support Group. - Has the clock been reset for me if I'm ever assessed and placed back in to the WRAG?

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141027 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Contributions Based ESA Scholarship

JediCP wrote: I've previously had Contributions Based ESA and a student loan - no problems.

I am now doing a year extra at uni with no help from student finance, however I have been awarded a scholarship by the university. I'm due to get circa £4.5k over the 12 month period.

Will this affect my Contributions based ESA Support Group? I'm pretty sure some on here have said it wont affect it.

Also a side point, originally when I first went over to Conts based ESA, I was placed in the WRAG, this decision was challenge and change on appeal by letter and I was then put in to the Support Group. - Has the clock been reset for me if I'm ever assessed and placed back in to the WRAG?

Thanks.

Hi JCP,

If you are sure that you are in receipt of Contribution Based (CB) ESA only, with no part of your ESA payments in The SG being Income Related (IR) ESA, there is no saving or other income limit (other than for receipt of a Works Pension in excess of £85/Week), so all should be fine.

If you are in receipt of CB ESA only in The SG, you should be receiving:

Personal Allowance single - over 25 years old : £73.10/Week

+

Support Group Component Addition : £36.20/Week

Total : £109.30/Week (£218.60/Fortnight)

If you successfully appealed a WRAG decision, and were placed into The SG as a result of this, then Yes, your 365 day clock has been reset to zero and you still have your 365 days entitlement to payment of CB ESA "whilst not in The SG" :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141069 by JediCP
Replied by JediCP on topic Contributions Based ESA Scholarship
Yes its around £110 with some transitional protection from IB.

Is transitional protection means tested?

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #141070 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Contributions Based ESA Scholarship

JediCP wrote: Yes its around £110 with some transitional protection from IB.

Is transitional protection means tested?

Hi JCP,

No, TP is to ensure that you receive no less than you were receiving prior to transfer to ESA, and will degrade with time :

What will I be paid?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

If you still have any doubts, contact ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.