× Members

pip assessment some one with you

More
8 years 7 months ago #141026 by robm
pip assessment some one with you was created by robm
sorry to trouble you have asked to be transferred over to pip from dla rather than wait for the form to come by post so have now been asked to go for an assessment with atos this Friday fully expected that anyway so would like to ask a few things l suffer from severe depression panic attacks social anxiety and have to wear pads for long standing bladder problems is it beneficial to have someone with you at the assessment and in the event of a favarouble outcome do l get any back payment has l have asked myself to be transferred over rather that wait for the dwp many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip assessment some one with you

robm wrote: sorry to trouble you have asked to be transferred over to pip from dla rather than wait for the form to come by post so have now been asked to go for an assessment with atos this Friday fully expected that anyway so would like to ask a few things l suffer from severe depression panic attacks social anxiety and have to wear pads for long standing bladder problems is it beneficial to have someone with you at the assessment and in the event of a favarouble outcome do l get any back payment has l have asked myself to be transferred over rather that wait for the dwp many thanks

If you can get someone to come with you then I would certainly recommend it, they can offer moral support and also may explain how you have managed the journey, which will be looked at.

If you want they can also come into the assessment with you, or if you prefer they can stay in reception until you are finished, again I would recommend the former, but you may not want this person to hear all of your problems so their staying outside is OK as well.

As you already have a current DLA award I'm afraid that there will be no backdating of payments should you receive a higher award on PIP, your current DLA award will continue in payment until four weeks after the Decision on your PIP claim is made.

The Government's argument is that as the intention of PIP is to reduce the disability budget by 20% a lot of claimants will see reduced, or even no award of PIP and the no backdating means that claimants will not have to pay any money back when this happens. Of course if they had spent 5 minutes more drafting the legislation they could have covered both scenarios, but that would of course have meant paying out more!!! Rant over :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141269 by robm
Replied by robm on topic pip assessment some one with you
hi Gordon had my pip assessment today went really well has the acesser was a mental health nurse she was a really nice person and understood what l was going through and was even giving advice on certain things will keep you posted when l get the big brown envelope
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.