× Members

Fit note

More
8 years 7 months ago #141222 by Maddy2014
Fit note was created by Maddy2014
My GP recently did a Fit note for me where he sated indefinitely sick (this was about 3 months ago). This is my initial calm for ESA. The DWP have asked for another. Is he allowed to do an indefinite one or not? Although this is my first claim, I have had these issues with my health for years. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141225 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fit note

Maddy2014 wrote: My GP recently did a Fit note for me where he sated indefinitely sick (this was about 3 months ago). This is my initial calm for ESA. The DWP have asked for another. Is he allowed to do an indefinite one or not? Although this is my first claim, I have had these issues with my health for years. Thanks

Legally a GP cannot issue a Fit Note for longer than 3 months during the first 6 months of a period of illness, the DWP apply this rule to ESA claims even though the claimant may already have passed the six months with their GP.

I am afraid there is no way around this and you will not be paid on your ESA claim unless the DWP have an accepted Fit Note recorded on the ESA payment system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris