× Members

Appeal after Mandatory reconsideration rejected

More
8 years 7 months ago #141259 by Scotboy
So after a 15 minute assessment where I was told every answer I gave by the assessor 'I don't want to know that now, we'll discuss later'..then told the assessment was finished without nay discussion, and a mandatory reconsideration ( a sprawling 15 page letter I sent) which was acknowledged by text at 1pm 22 Sept and rejected by letter dated 23rd Sept, I'm now appealing. Would it be ok to give my mandatory reconsideration letter a new heading and only slightly reword as the basis of additional pages for the Appeal form submission? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141263 by Gordon

Scotboy wrote: So after a 15 minute assessment where I was told every answer I gave by the assessor 'I don't want to know that now, we'll discuss later'..then told the assessment was finished without nay discussion, and a mandatory reconsideration ( a sprawling 15 page letter I sent) which was acknowledged by text at 1pm 22 Sept and rejected by letter dated 23rd Sept, I'm now appealing. Would it be ok to give my mandatory reconsideration letter a new heading and only slightly reword as the basis of additional pages for the Appeal form submission? thanks

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You don't mention the assessment report, if you do not have a copy then you might want to hold off going in to detail for your appeal submission until you have seem it, you can request a copy from the DWP office that handled your claim over the phone, if you do then follow up the request in writing.

If you have not already done so, have a look at our claim guides, you haven't mentioned what benefit your appeal is in regard so for;

PIP
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

ESA
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You need to make sure that you understand and have shown that you meet the legal criteria against which you are being assessed.

If you have more questions then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141270 by Scotboy
hi ok thanks, I have the assessment report now and was awarded PIP so will also request the report for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris