× Members

Children's dla or pip?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141260 by little effie
Children's dla or pip? was created by little effie
Hi again,
Asking on behalf of a friend .
A mom at my friends school was informed over the phone ,in an unhelpful manner,that she has to claim PIP for her daughter despite her being 11 years old.The mom questioned this and repeated her daughter's age and said shouldn't it still be dla and was told a definite no and that the advisor knew the new system. The mom left it as rather upset.
So is there a change to the system whereby under 16 year olds are now to be assessed under Pip rather than dla? Or was ,as I hope,the advisor incorrect?
Thank you in advance for any advice
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141262 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Children's dla or pip?
Hi Steffi,

You, and your friend, are right and the advisor is wrong. I'm afraid this is quite a common occurrence, which is not surprising considering how little training some of them have had! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141264 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic Children's dla or pip?
Many thanks Mrs H.
I thought so but just wanted to check that another unpleasant change to the system was being weasled in!
It does seem that they are all reading from different books ,be it information or customer service attitude.
Anyway so very glad you're here to set things straight and calm the nerves of many.8 ).

More
8 years 7 months ago #141266 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Children's dla or pip?
Thank you Steffi :)

I wish they would simply say 'I don't know - but I will find out' rather than just giving an answer that they think is right!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris