× Members

deaf consultant

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141273 by tector
deaf consultant was created by tector
hi, i lost my high rate mobility and the rest of my dla earlier this year. i got mobility because i got a calcaneal plate ans 7 screws wrapped roung my heal. the other leg is two inces shorter after i suffered a gunsot to the leg by the moral crusaders of the ira.
i was at a tribunal and they asked for a report from the surgeon who put the plate in my heel. i was over last week but even though hes a good surgeon hes actually deaf. he was wearing hearing aids but i could feel he was a bit distressed because he couldnt hear me. he sent me for ct scans of my legs and mri scans of my lower back.
it appears that hes going to make a judgement based on what he sees on the pictures from the scan.
i telephoned his secretary and explained to her that i feel am being victimised on behalf of the tories and that i should be able to consult with my consultant. i really dont want to make him feel bad in any way because he donre a great job when i broke both heels. the secretary said that i might be better keeping a pain diary and handing it in to him so he can read about the types of pain i feel, many of which are neurological and wont show up in the scans. i cant take a single step without feeling pain
when i was shot , the guys wrapped my head in masking tape, like a mummy, and i have been suffering from ptsd for many years. they also broke my arms with baseball bats
i think armouring myself by tensing up when im in dodgy situations, or situations i perceive to be dodgy adds significantly to my daily pains so theres also an emotional side to my injuries that he has no way of knowing about.
would a pain diary or a letter be best?
thanks for taking time to read his
thing is ive no idea how to do a diary and what type of adjectives i should use to get my side

of the story across. would any of you guys be able to point me in the right direction please
maybe someone has a template ready to go that explain how i feel. the hcp should get the nobel prize for curing me of chronic pain, ptsd, addiction and neurological pain after a 40 minute house visit
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141282 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic deaf consultant
Hi tector,

A consultant's letter is going to be of limited use. He can describe the extent of your physical injuries but cannot know exactly how they affect you, nor will he be able to describe the limitations caused by your PTSD.

A Pain Diary, or simply a diary of your daily life, could indeed be helpful. You don't need any specific format but there are pain diaries available on the internet via some of the chronic pain websites if you wish to use one.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.