× Members

Pip medical assessment report untruths

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141276 by toady
Hi

I had my f2f last week, moving from high rate care/high rate mobility DLA to PIP.

Requested the medical report, which has arrived, filled with inaccuracies. States I declined to try certain tasks when she either didn't ask me, or she mentioned she was supposed to ask me but she knew what the outcome would be, so wasn't going to ask me. Said I declined to stand, when she didn't ask. Said I am capable of following a journey unaided when I said I couldn't use public transport. Said I can clean myself when I said my daughter had to help me wash hard to reach places.All sorts of things. Thankfully I had a companion.

So, I have no decision yet. Do I compile a refutation of the report before the decision, or wait for the decision? Do I send it to the DWP, Atos, or who? Assuming ( because I added up the points she awarded, and I will be lucky to get standard) I wish to challenge the report and the decision, would it be included in an MR, or do they just re-examine all the evidence they have already?

Sorry to ask questions. Am just very upset and confused.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141283 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical assessment report untruths
Hi toady,

It is not unusual for claimants to wonder whether the assessment report is actually that of another person entirely, such as the inaccuracies :( However, simply refuting the report will not, in itself, get you the proper level of PIP. At best, totally refuting the report would result in another f2f assessment!

In order to be awarded PIP you will need to see where you failed to score the expected points and clearly show how/why you should have done so.

There is a section towards the back of the PIP guide that deals with MRs.

Please come back and update us when you get your decision letter and we will do our best to help if need be.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toady

More
8 years 7 months ago #141286 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Pip medical assessment report untruths
I'm in a kind of similar situation - regarding how way off the f2f report was - that's not much use but I can relate to your upset/confusion.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.