× Members

Prognosis 'medium term' definition- bad report

More
8 years 7 months ago #141279 by Lisadg
Hi,,

Not sure what to do here.I have been placed in the support group which is great.

But the have put under prognosis "I advise that work could be considered within 18 months"

and

"The available evidence suggests review in the medium term"

To me this a not good,it suggests they can consider me for work before 18 months,,i.e could be 10 months ,could be 5 months ,and to review me in the medium term i.e at around 9 months which is half way through.

I am also really unhappy with the report,only about 50% being accurate and the rest just looks like dam right lie's or assumptions.

Can anyone explain this prognosis to me if I have interpreted it wrong.

And I am wondering if I should challenge this report for having inaccurate findings and assumptions

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141291 by slugsta
Hi Lisa,

The prognosis does not form part of the ESA decision and you cannot appeal against it. If you try and refute the assessment now you run the risk of this being classed as a MR - and you might not get a favourable decision.

I understand that you might be angry/upset at the inaccuracies but, in your position, I think I would leave well alone.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141292 by Lisadg
Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

Do you know what "The available evidence suggests review in the medium term" means?

Also I added the points the assessor awarded by using the descriptors (only 3) which was only 2x6 point and 1x9 point ,, so based on the report I should be in the WRAG which he actually advised in the report, so I'm not sure what's happened there being in support.

Thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #141304 by Gordon

lisadg wrote: Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

Do you know what "The available evidence suggests review in the medium term" means?

Also I added the points the assessor awarded by using the descriptors (only 3) which was only 2x6 point and 1x9 point ,, so based on the report I should be in the WRAG which he actually advised in the report, so I'm not sure what's happened there being in support.

Thanks

For someone placed in the Support Group we would expect "medium term" to result in a re-assessment in 18-24 months.

The Decision on the award is made by the DWP, it sounds as if they considered that you met one of the SG Descriptors and overrode the assessors recommendation, it was likely the 9 point Descriptor you mention. This is unusual, but shows that the Decision Maker was actually doing their job and not just rubber stamping the assessor's report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.