× Members

Pip tribunal and award length

• Lucy henderson
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #141280 by Lucy henderson
Pip tribunal and award length was created by Lucy henderson
Hi. I claimed pip in May 2013. Decision made in October 2013 with a 2 year award. August 2014 got a renewal form, filled in, and January 2015 got a letter saying I was no longer entitled. Mandatory reconsideration said the same. Put in appeal which is this Tuesday 29th. If I get reawarded pip, does that mean it would only be awarded till the May as the original award was 2 years, begining in May 2013? Would I then have to claim again and is it even possible to claim to be backdated to May? Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141295 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip tribunal and award length
Hi and welcome to Benefits and Work. On the assumption that you are new to the site, as well as the forum, this link will help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I don't know if you are aware that your username seems to be your real name? Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change this you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

An Mandatory Reconsideration or tribunal would remake the Jan 2015 decision and, if you are awarded PIP,payment will be backdated to then.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.