× Members

FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS

More
8 years 7 months ago #141287 by StaffBull69
FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS was created by StaffBull69
I'm a DLA claimant currently filling out my PIP form, so I can start claiming PIP when my DLA ends soon.

My Consultant and GP have wrote supporting my claim saying that I am "not now or ever will be in the future" able to work, in there professional opinion. They have both also stressed in no uncertain terms that under any circumstances am I to be "harassed or hassled" by the DWP into attended an assessment, and any information that is required regarding my health problems etc should be directed to either or both my hospital Consultant or GP! They both feel that any ill treatment of me by government bodies who are in charge of allocating PIP to claimants, will not be tolerated by them, hence the reason they have asked that any questions about my health be directed to them and under no circumstances am I to attend a medical.

Has anyone's GP or consultant stuck up for them in this way? Does anyone know if in fact this is legal; can the DWP go over a consultant/GPs head and insist a claimant attend a medical with or without professional medical consent?

I know anyone who's terminally ill is exempt, and rightly so. I am not terminally ill, however.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS
Donkey

I'm afraid that PIP is not an out of work benefit and your ability to work or not will not be tested, in fact many PIP claimants are employed, so letters referring to your being unable to work will be of little value.

Do your doctors explain why you cannot attend an assessment, do they specify what harm to your or others might result from your being required to? If they do not then I'm afraid they will again carry little weight.

I'm not aware of any statistics for PIP in regard to assessors or the DWP contacting claimants, but feedback from the forum suggests that rates are low and it is important to understand is that there is no legal requirement for them to do so, so I would encourage you to speak to your doctors and ask them to provide any support letter or evidence upfront so that you can include it with your PIP2 form.

The Decision as to whether a face to face is required lies wholly with the Assessment Provider and there is no direct right of appeal to their decision, failing to attend for an assessment can result in your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris