× Members

Pip awarded.. next step ESA medical...Help pls

• Woosiewoo34
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #141330 by Woosiewoo34
Hi
I have been recently awarded PIP at standard rate of both components.
I am now due my ESA medical. Reading your notes I believe I may qualify for Support group as my mobility PIP was awarded on moving about, 20 - 50 metres (8 points). Is this right?
Also I have sorted some documents to take with me. My PIP award notice, is this a good idea? And also my Blue badge report.
Many thanks for any advice.
Gemma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141344 by Gordon

Woosiewoo34 wrote: Hi
I have been recently awarded PIP at standard rate of both components.
I am now due my ESA medical. Reading your notes I believe I may qualify for Support group as my mobility PIP was awarded on moving about, 20 - 50 metres (8 points). Is this right?
Also I have sorted some documents to take with me. My PIP award notice, is this a good idea? And also my Blue badge report.
Many thanks for any advice.
Gemma

The PIP Moving Around test looks at just your ability to walk, I'm afraid that the ESA test is of your mobility, in addition to your ability to walk with an aid it also looks at your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over equivalent distances.

If you can't show that you can't self-propel the wheelchair you will not score points however restricted your walking is. See the ESA Claim guides for more details

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You say that you are now due an ESA assessment, have you completed and returned an ESA50 as we would expected you have attached your evidence to this. See

Invited to a face to face assessment but no ESA50 sent

If you have recently submitted an ESA50 and the reports post date this, then I would send a copy to the Assessment centre as soon as you know the address, a copy to he DWP office dealing with your claim marked for the attention of the Decision Maker and take a copy to the assessment asking the assessor to read them all and include them in your file before they continue with the interview.

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Woosiewoo34
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #141361 by Woosiewoo34
Replied by Woosiewoo34 on topic Pip awarded.. next step ESA medical...Help pls
Thanks for your reply. I did send an ESA 50 off at the same time as my PIP application but ESA took longer to invite me for assessment.
As for the mobility side of things, I also have Rheumatoid arthritis so there is no way my arms or shoulders would propell me in a wheelchair.
Thanks for the links you provided too.
Gemma

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.