× Members

query re mental health assessment

More
8 years 7 months ago #141331 by scarfell
query re mental health assessment was created by scarfell
Hi
Having signed up as a member quite recently I have found the information on this site very informative.
I am due a re assessment any time for ESA plus DLA to PIP. I live in postcode NE1 so not sure when this will come about.
My query is, am I within my rights to ask my GP to see another psychiatrist after 2yrs with the same consultant?
I feel, especially after today s appointment, desperate and disappointed at her lack of understanding of my condition. I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2008 and have been Quite ill with it in th e last copple of years especially.
I am not happy with my consultant.
Regards
Chez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic query re mental health assessment

chez wrote: Hi
Having signed up as a member quite recently I have found the information on this site very informative.
I am due a re assessment any time for ESA plus DLA to PIP. I live in postcode NE1 so not sure when this will come about.
My query is, am I within my rights to ask my GP to see another psychiatrist after 2yrs with the same consultant?
I feel, especially after today s appointment, desperate and disappointed at her lack of understanding of my condition. I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2008 and have been Quite ill with it in th e last copple of years especially.
I am not happy with my consultant.
Regards
Chez

You can certainly ask your GP for another referral, but you have no legal right to demand it, the NHS website suggests that the vast majority of requests are honoured, so I would sit down with your GP and explain your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarfell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris