× Members

PIP Managing treatments

More
8 years 7 months ago #141373 by anitairene
PIP Managing treatments was created by anitairene
Hi, can you tell me if the help you receive whilst undertaking hydrotherapy can be included under ''managing treatments or does it have to be only the therapies that are carried out in the home. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Managing treatments

swibley wrote: Hi, can you tell me if the help you receive whilst undertaking hydrotherapy can be included under ''managing treatments or does it have to be only the therapies that are carried out in the home. Thank you.

There are legal definitions for these in the PIP Claim guide, see page 30 onwards

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: anitairene

More
8 years 7 months ago #141421 by anitairene
Replied by anitairene on topic PIP Managing treatments
I'm sorry to be back with another question but I am finding filling in the pip form a nightmare. I use a wheelchair to get around outside the house . I can self propel for short distances but need to be pushed most of the time. Does the fact that I can self propel mean that I am classed as being able to move around? Thank you for your help, I need it. :(

More
8 years 7 months ago #141423 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Managing treatments

swibley wrote: I'm sorry to be back with another question but I am finding filling in the pip form a nightmare. I use a wheelchair to get around outside the house . I can self propel for short distances but need to be pushed most of the time. Does the fact that I can self propel mean that I am classed as being able to move around? Thank you for your help, I need it. :(

The PIP Moving Around activity tests a claimants ability to stand and then walk, your use of a wheelchair is not relevant unless you use one because you cannot stand or because you cannot walk, in which case you should expect to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141433 by anitairene
Thank you for your quick reply.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141546 by anitairene
I'm almost at the end of filling in the PIP form.
I can't believe how traumatic an experience it has been. Dragging up the past and having to face situations that I thought I had come to terms with, but obviously haven't , has been horrendous. I must admit that several times I have considered just not doing it and letting my DLA run out but if I do that I'm still going to be left with all the pain I suffer and nothing to help me cope with it on a day to day process. Sorry I'm rambling on but I just can't come to terms with the stress this reassessment has caused.

My question is do I put which descriptor I think k applies to me at the end of my submission. For example 'Managing medication', do I decide which descriptor I think applies timewise regarding therapy or do they?

I realise that they may not agree so is it best to leave it to them? Also do I have to give a breakdown for each activity e.g. 30 minutes exercise ,20 minutes Epley manoeuvre etc.

I don't know if this will be my last post before I send the form off, I can't wait to get it out of the house but I just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this site you have provided a lifeline for people like me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Come what may with the decision makers I couldn't have got this far without you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.