× Members

PIP medical

More
8 years 7 months ago #141389 by baz4449
PIP medical was created by baz4449
Had my PIP Medical yesterday at Barnsley.
Usual Atos tactics. On arrival they met me and said the lift was out of order so can I use the stairs, I said no, so I was directed around the corner to another door with four steps to climb. No alternative provided so if you are in a wheelchair its tough luck. Had to wait 20 minutes past my booked time before I was seen. I attended the interview with my wife and on entering the room the HP told her she was not allowed to speak or ask any questions as it was classed as cheating.

The HP spent most of the interview coughing and sneezing and blaming her doctor for prescribing the wrong medicine, She said due to her high blood pressure she was taken of 25mg of amitriptyline and was now on 10mg but she always felt tired. She could not cope with Gabapentin and was on Pregabalin. She had tried to leave on sick grounds under the "shed" scheme but was not allowed. These complaints went on throughout the interview about her condition and why she was not allowed to leave.She kept telling me to go back to my doctor and get the same pills as her. All the way through it was "have you tried x.y.z pills.

I was not sure who was assessing who.

When I spoke of my medical issues she would say "Don't tell me about that, I've been there ,seen it done it"

When asked to do some physical tests all she could say when I was unable was "your cheating"

When asked if I could cook I said all meals were made by my wife, she said "you've had it too cushy its time you learnt to cook" I've taught my son so someone should teach you.

I got the feeling of " If I cant get anything no one else will"

I've had degenerative spine issues all my life and have had numerous surgeries. I have worked for 45 years with no time off. but due to a RTA 3 years ago followed by incorrect medical procedures ( which are now part of a medical claim) I am classed as disabled. I have three medico legal reports by four senior neurosurgeons, two reports by senior pain experts and one psychiatric report all coming to the same conclusion. These reports have been filed in court and my medical condition has been agreed by the defendant's (The secretary of state for the department for health) medical expert after a medical examination at Harley St.
When I referred to some of the medical findings in the reports she said she disagreed with some of them. I said the reports I have given to you are legal statements that have been logged in court but she was not interested.

We await the results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical
BC

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Thank you for posting about your assessment.

PIP Decision are taking about 2-3 weeks from the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris