× Members

CFS/ME

More
8 years 6 months ago #141448 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CFS/ME

woodsy wrote: thank you for your help very much apercated .... its the esa50 questionnaire on physical health page 6 on the form .... I the moment I get full motability an low rate care DLA ive had it from 2008 am I okay to copy from my old form ?

In principle you can, be aware that they are assessing you as you are today and also that ESA is not just a test of your walking, it also looks at your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over equivalent distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or to even own one for the usage to be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141449 by Gordon

woodsy wrote: hi sorry about all this I put page 6 an ment to put page 7
it says on the form please tick the box if you can move around and use steps with outdifficulty

then it says .....how far can you move safely and repeatedly on level ground without needing to stop I feel I should not tick any of the boxes I can not repeatedly walk 50 I can only do 40without stopping for a rest for 2mins its so confuse in

If you do not feel that the tick boxes match your limitations then mark them "see below" and explain in the comment box or attached pages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: woodsy

More
8 years 6 months ago #141509 by woodsy
Replied by woodsy on topic CFS/ME
hello Gordon sorry to trouble you again .....will it be aloud if you wright in the box about one discablitiy and they wright about another one but type it out an add it to the page ? 7 thank you as I have a few illnesses that fit in the box thank you

More
8 years 6 months ago #141520 by Gordon

woodsy wrote: hello Gordon sorry to trouble you again .....will it be aloud if you wright in the box about one discablitiy and they wright about another one but type it out an add it to the page ? 7 thank you as I have a few illnesses that fit in the box thank you

My personal opinion is that you should not split the information when answering each question, either you put it all in the comment box, if it will fit, or you put it all on secondary page, splitting it you risk the assessor and Decision Maker not reading all of the information.

It is perfectly OK to provide multiple examples of how you are effected.

If you attach extra pages make sure that each has your full name and National Insurance Number and has a page number, something like " page X of Y".

Gordon

More
8 years 6 months ago #141531 by woodsy
Replied by woodsy on topic CFS/ME
thank you very much ...sorry to be a pain have a nice weekend

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.