× Members

ESA

More
8 years 7 months ago #141406 by Shel09
ESA was created by Shel09
Hi I am looking to find out some information on esa. I have a learning difficulty and have looked at the guides on claiming with learning difficulty or mental health condition and I have also looked at the guides on physical grounds but I seem to have descriptors that are related to me in both guides is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141416 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Shel09 wrote: Hi I am looking to find out some information on esa. I have a learning difficulty and have looked at the guides on claiming with learning difficulty or mental health condition and I have also looked at the guides on physical grounds but I seem to have descriptors that are related to me in both guides is that possible?

Questions 1-10 on the ESA50 are related to the physical problems that a claimant might have and 11-17 deal with mental health issues.

You will only score points for the physical questions if the underlying condition is a physical one, in principle you can only score points for the mental health tests dues to a cognitive or mental health issues but you may be able to argue that a physical problem has led to a mental health issue such as depression.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris