× Members

PIP reassessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #141429 by Suebnm
PIP reassessment was created by Suebnm
I first claimed PIP in 11/13 and after a very torrid time was awarded in 08/14. I originally got enhanced mobility and after MR - with your help - daily living was added until 2016.

I have just received my reassessment forms less than 2 weeks to get back them. I have not triggered a reassessment myself.

Why am I being assessed over a year reply?

Is there new anything I should be aware of when filling in the forms? My problems are very severe but physical.

I need a plug socket in the assessment room as I can't breathe wholly by myself. I am worried that if the hospital equipment I use isn't up to their 'standard' they will send me home - should I email ATOS to get their permission/inform them?

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141447 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessment
Suze

I'm afraid most fixed term PIP awards are being re-assessed a year in advance of the award ending.

This is a full re-assessment of your claim so you should treat it as a new claim and complete the form in detail and provide evidence as you can, even if the evidence has already been provided.

You can contact the DWP office dealing with your claim and ask for an extension, they can give you another two weeks.

They may offer a home assessment, although ATOS are less likely to do this than the other Assessment Provider, it is certainly worth contacting them about your requirements but I would wait until you know which office is involved. You should also make these requirements clear on the PIP2 form.

The guides were last updated in July, so make sure that you are using the latest ones to help you fill in the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suebnm

More
8 years 6 months ago #141450 by Suebnm
Replied by Suebnm on topic PIP reassessment
Thank you Gordon.
I'm capable of going I just didn't want to be turned away at the door because I'm not PAT tested, my gut feeling is to make it known in writing.
I will wait until I get the appointment, thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.