× Members

PIP - "Taking a Look"

More
8 years 7 months ago #141473 by leafytree
PIP - "Taking a Look" was created by leafytree
Hi folks, got a letter and 40 page form to complete. They say they are 'taking a look at my PIP', which I have been on since 2013. My award says that I will receive PIP until 11 September 2016, however when I phoned up they said it might get stopped after I am reassessed.

I thought the reassessment would be in September 2016. Does anyone know if they can do this?

Thanks for any response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141481 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - "Taking a Look"

leafytree wrote: Hi folks, got a letter and 40 page form to complete. They say they are 'taking a look at my PIP', which I have been on since 2013. My award says that I will receive PIP until 11 September 2016, however when I phoned up they said it might get stopped after I am reassessed.

I thought the reassessment would be in September 2016. Does anyone know if they can do this?

Thanks for any response.

I'm afraid the PIP legislation allows the DWP to re-assess an award at any time and for any reason.

At the moment most fixed term awards are being re-assessed a year in advance of the end of the award. This is a full re-assessment of your claim so you need to complete the form in detail and provide evidence to support what you have said where available and even if this has been submitted before.

Our Pip Claim guide has been updated since you last applied so please make sure that you are using the current version.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.