× Members

pip assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #141543 by marie
pip assessment was created by marie
hi i had my pip assessment . got the standard rate 10 points they gave me 2 point for dressing undressing saying i need an aid when i told the assessor, my daughter dresses me upper and lower limbs. the assessor knew i could not get my arms in the air and around my back. i should have had 8 points for that. she told me i had lock jaw when i showed her my mouth and she was sup-prized, but why she had medical evidence. she had medical evidence that i had severe degenerative knees, and moderate shines. they come from minor,mild moderate and severe which will require two new knee caps. she did not ask me how my illness effects me, she just asked me the history of every illness, dates and who diagnosed them. she asked me if i had ever been to college i said yes , i could not remember the dates, my daughter told her 1999. she asked me if i had a drivers licence. she told me i could plan a journey. i said no not unless my daughter is with me. she asked me about my meals i said my daughter prepares and cooks for me i got 2 points i was told i used a aid. i lost the mobility cuz she said i could walk 50 meters aided or unaided. my daughter supported me all the way through held me up lifted me out of the chair, they assumed this because i was forced to walk a 20 metre corridor, it should have been 50 but i refused to walk it i was in agony. i was in bed for two days after this outrageous experience. . i have asked for a reconsideration, my mp is going to deal with it, i told my mp, the last time they did this i went to a tribunal and won the case, my knees have gotten worse since then. i told him it will cost the government thousands of pounds, help what advice can you give. i have never claimed careers allowance my daughter looks after me. but i had a form from jsa saying i may may be entitled to severe disability premium. or will i have my esa taken from me im in the support group. they have a doctors note from my doctor stating ,my daughter cares for me bathes me dresses me and cooks for me. where do i go from here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141557 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip assessment
Marie

The first thing you need to consider is how secure your current award is as requesting the Decision is looked at again can place this at risk.

If you want to go ahead then the first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process and template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.