× Members

ESA 50

• mumofboys
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141567 by mumofboys
ESA 50 was created by mumofboys
Hello, I posted before that I feel as if I should now be in the support group and not the wrag. I have been on the government site and looked at the ESA claim form, but don't see the point in filling it out as it is information they already have and tells them nothing further about my conditions.

Can I just fill out the ESA50 and send it off for them to assess? I've been on ESA for 4 years now and never received one since my initial assessment, so surely I should be filling one in?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141575 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50

mumofboys wrote: Hello, I posted before that I feel as if I should now be in the support group and not the wrag. I have been on the government site and looked at the ESA claim form, but don't see the point in filling it out as it is information they already have and tells them nothing further about my conditions.

Can I just fill out the ESA50 and send it off for them to assess? I've been on ESA for 4 years now and never received one since my initial assessment, so surely I should be filling one in?

Thanks in advance!

Your previous posts are on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/profile?view=user&userid=86944

just click on your name or the profile tab to see them.

I'm afraid sending in a new ESA50 is very unlikely to be successful.

If you now feel that you should be in the Support Group then you must first identify which SG Descriptors that you believe that you meet, you need to meet at least one to be considered for the SG, see the ESA Claim guides on how to qualify.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You will then need to show that your condition has deteriorated since you were last assessed, so you will need medical evidence to show this, the DWP are not required to re-assess you if you cannot show this.

You then need to contact the DWP and ask to be re-assessed on the basis of a deteriorated condition, I would do this in writing to the DWP office that is dealing with your claim. You should then receive a new ESA50 to complete and will likely have to attend a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.