× Members

Help re PIP

More
8 years 6 months ago #141574 by tabby026
Help re PIP was created by tabby026
Hi, I am in the process on completing my PIP form and I am finding your guide very useful. I was put in the support group for ESA, should this be added to my form or is it something they will already know about? Also if my doctor is asked to provide any further information am I legally allowed to see it under the Data Protection Act before it gets sent off? As my mother is my main carer would it be useful to get her to do a covering letter explaining how she cares for me on a day to day basis? One last question I live in the PL12 area, will I be assessed by CAPITA or ATOS? The reason I ask is I have cerebral palsy and general anxiety disorder and would prefer a home visit if possible, but I do not know if these organisations would allow it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help re PIP
Tabby

Welcome to the forum.

To try and answer your questions as asked.

You can certainly mention that you are in the ESA Support Group, however, ESA and PIP have mostly different criteria, so it will only be relevant if the reasons you are in the SG correspond with one of the PIP activities, such as Moving Around, Going Out and Managing Toilet Needs and others to a lesser extent.

If they contact your GP and in the majority of claims they don't, then there is no automatic entitlement to see your GP's response, by applying for PIP you are giving implicit agreement to them contacting your GP and for them to respond. However, you can have a word with your GP in advance of returning the form to see whether they would be willing to contact you so you can come in and see the letters.

Yes, your mother can write a letter about how you are effected, she needs to include her name and address, her relation to you and how often she sees you, lastly it needs to be signed and she should use a phrase such as "I attest that the above information is correct".

You can check your postcode on the following link

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tabby026

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.