× Members

Pip awarded, will it affect esa?

• smudge000
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141577 by smudge000
Pip awarded, will it affect esa? was created by smudge000
I have been awarded Pip standard daily living and higher rate mobility.

I am just abit worried this may affect my esa I am in the support group. I rang to inform esa of pip and they said that pip have already told them.

Any information would be greatful.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141579 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip awarded, will it affect esa?

smudge000 wrote: I have been awarded Pip standard daily living and higher rate mobility.

I am just abit worried this may affect my esa I am in the support group. I rang to inform esa of pip and they said that pip have already told them.

Any information would be greatful.

Thanks

It should not effect your ESA award and if you live alone or are considered to live alone, no one claims Cares Allowance for you and you receive or are eligible for Income Related ESA in part or in whole, then you should be entitled to the Severe Disability premium, which is about £60 extra per week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• smudge000
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141580 by smudge000
Replied by smudge000 on topic Pip awarded, will it affect esa?
Hi thank for your reply.

I do live alone and nobody claims carers allowence for me.

I was under the impression that it was only the daily living activities at higher rate entitled you to the extra premium? Iam on standard daily and higher mobility.

Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #141583 by Gordon

smudge000 wrote: Hi thank for your reply.

I do live alone and nobody claims carers allowence for me.

I was under the impression that it was only the daily living activities at higher rate entitled you to the extra premium? Iam on standard daily and higher mobility.

Thanks

No it's any award of PIP Daily Living for SDP, it is an Enhanced award for the Enhanced Disability Premium aka Disability Income Guarantee, but you are already entitled to this because of your ESA SG award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• smudge000
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141598 by smudge000
Replied by smudge000 on topic Pip awarded, will it affect esa?
Ive been getting a premium of about £13 since being put in the support group with no pip. Now i am on pip should i expect it to change or stay the same?

Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #141604 by Gordon

smudge000 wrote: Ive been getting a premium of about £13 since being put in the support group with no pip. Now i am on pip should i expect it to change or stay the same?

Thanks

The extra money, it should be £15.75, should be the EDP I mentioned in my previous post, if this is correct then you need to ask the DWP for an IS10 form so that you can be assessed for the Severe Disability Premium and if successful you should receive £61.85 per week extra.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: smudge000

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.