× Members

claiming carer's allowance if i recieve pip

More
8 years 6 months ago #141646 by katherine
my husband is very disabled and he recieves dla high rate care and mobility. he is 67. i have health problems and recieve dla high rate care and low rate care but under pension age (61). i think i will be called in for assessment for pip soon. i was wondering if i claimed carer's allowance would it affect my pip? would they discrimicate against me . i struggle to do things for my husband due to own problems but have to do things for him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141656 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic claiming carer's allowance if i recieve pip

katherine wrote: my husband is very disabled and he recieves dla high rate care and mobility. he is 67. i have health problems and recieve dla high rate care and low rate care but under pension age (61). i think i will be called in for assessment for pip soon. i was wondering if i claimed carer's allowance would it affect my pip? would they discrimicate against me . i struggle to do things for my husband due to own problems but have to do things for him.

There is no legal restriction to your claiming CA for your husband, in regard your own claim, the issue will be whether your providing the care contradicts any of your own stated limitations, so if you have physical issues and your husband has mental health issues and needs for example prompting to carry out activities then this should not be an issue, or of course vice versa. Issues may develop if you both have the same limitations, for example if neither of you can prepare and cook a meal, you need to decide whether you can explain how you manage if asked, if you believe that you can then this should not be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: katherine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.