× Members

urgent pip advice needed

More
8 years 6 months ago #141680 by Honeydew
urgent pip advice needed was created by Honeydew
I called Pip people last week for a form to claim pip.t they said can they use my previous dla form as well to decide so I said yes and was told that when the pip form comes to fill it out as a new claim as its a new benefit . I haven't recieved the form but a letter today saying they have attained my dla file but there is no evidence present. I don't understand what this means . I get an indefinite award of dla. Has anyone else heard of this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141715 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic urgent pip advice needed

Honeydew wrote: I called Pip people last week for a form to claim pip.t they said can they use my previous dla form as well to decide so I said yes and was told that when the pip form comes to fill it out as a new claim as its a new benefit . I haven't recieved the form but a letter today saying they have attained my dla file but there is no evidence present. I don't understand what this means . I get an indefinite award of dla. Has anyone else heard of this ?

OK it's probably a bit early for the PIP form to have arrived, I would give it until next week before you contact them about it.

As to the DLA information, all I can suggest is that your DLA information has been destroyed under their Data Retention Policy which means that they usually dispose of claimant information after 13 months.

It means that you will need to complete the PIP form in detail and provide any evidence that you have to support your claim.

Please make sure that you use our PIP Claim guide to help you complete the PIP2 form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.