× Members

Please hlep re pip mandatory consideration

• confusedchick
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141685 by confusedchick
Please hlep re pip mandatory consideration was created by confusedchick
Hi All, Hope I'm doing this right as I posted before but didn't get a reply. I have been awarded the standard rate for daily living and nothing for mobility. I rang to register for reconsideration and was told I would receive a call back in 8-9 weeks. Then I got a letter saying they had reconsidered it with no additional evidence and award remains the same. So I rang again and received call back from lady. In a nutshell, they assessed I can walk more than 50 metres but less than 200 which is complete fabrication of what I said in the medical. She aid the fact I can walk in my garden which is 30 metres in length and potter around the house means I can walk more than 50.
Also re planning a route because I said I could google a route but not do it, stops me from getting points as cognitively I'm fine. Assessor said I didn't show signs of anxiety or depression!
Any thoughts?
Jo
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141712 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Please hlep re pip mandatory consideration
Hi cc, this is your first/only post about your mandatory reconsideration :S

It is currently quite common for a MR to be carried out without waiting for the claimant to submit new information/evidence :( If you have anything to send in, you can try asking for another MR. If this is refused, or the result is the same, your can now progress to formal appeal.

If you wish, you can submit a new claim as well/instead of. However, if you appeal and start a new claim, the result of the new claim would supercede the appeal decision (so, for instance, if the tribunal gave you the enhanced amount and the new decision found you not to be entitled to anything, your PIP would stop as a result of this new decision - which would, of course, also be open to appeal).

You can read more about MR and appeal towards the end of our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.