× Members

News DLA to PIP

More
8 years 6 months ago #141703 by MaryAnn
News DLA to PIP was created by MaryAnn
All Lifetime DLA Claimants Can Now Be Forced Onto PIP As Roll-Out Goes Nationwide

Reached me already! My 64th - 65th birth date was 2 weeks short of the cut off on 8th April and have had to apply for PIP - Had DLA lifetime award (Standard for Care and Enh. for mobility) and have just posted my assessment form back to DWP. I am now 67 yrs old, was retired from work on health grounds 2007 and am now wondering if I shall lose my blue badge and access to the motability car. Is this assessment to check if I am capable of resuming work now?
It was stressful enough filling out the form at home, to face someone with a laptop asking me to answer questions in a way that will fit into their 'drop down boxes' is filling me with dread! Just waiting for the letter or call to give me a date for my face-to-face assessment and praying that I will not need it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141719 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic News DLA to PIP
MaryAnn

PIP is not an out of work benefit so you are not being assessed to see if you can resume work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaryAnn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.