× Members

Random selection of indefinite DLA claimants to P

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141734 by John Raymond
I just do not get this at all.Having completed their "Pilot reasssments" in chosen postcode areas, the DWP say they are going to implement Natural reassessment of existing indefinite DLA claimants nationally now;but randomly choosing claimants to reapply for PIP.
Surely what this means is that it will be far from random,with those who perhaps got DLA in the early 90's before the process was made stricter in recent years, or those who turned 65 after April 2013.(The latter group being specifically mentioned by the DWP as being invited first to apply ) being actively selected.
Why random,and why are the DWP simply not undertaking Natural reasssement in say alphabetical by surname order?
Despite the DWP claiming that they are now in a position to process 2,000 applicants a day, what all this clearly means is that there is no way 4. 8 million claimants are going to be processed in 2 years.
The approach by the DWP is therefore piecemeal,fragmented,unfair and will extend maybe well into the next parliament .
Those genuine cases who ought to have received PIP may well have been denied this benefit, whilst large numbers of DLA claimants who may not be so deserving may well find they are still getting DLA after 2020.The whole thing an unfair unending fiasco ,with the most needy often suffering
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #141747 by slugsta
Since when did the DWP do anything in a rational, logical manner?? I expect the PIP roll-out to be a shambles, as was the ESA.

I am going to leave this thread open for now. However, one of my mod colleagues will lock it if it appears to be turning into a discussion.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Raymond
More
8 years 6 months ago #141767 by Gordon
John

This is obviously a subject that is very important to you but I think this is the fifth post you have made with substantially the same content each time, I'm therefore locking this topic to further comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, John Raymond
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.