× Members

Random selection of indefinite DLA claimants to P

More
8 years 6 months ago #141985 by John Raymond
Replied by John Raymond on topic Random selection of indefinite DLA claimants to P
Thankyou,
Yes precisely .
Utter mayhem and grossly unfair utter mayhem as well.
You will end up with a mixture of people some of whom are clearly deserved who will lose out because they were randomly selected and failed to get an award.Then those who may well remain on indefinite DLA for the next 5 years or more equally deserved but fail to get a PIP award but at least claimed it for longer than my first example
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #141986 by John Raymond
Replied by John Raymond on topic Random selection of indefinite DLA claimants to P
Thankyou,
Yes precisely .Even if 2000 cases are dealt with every day it will still take 24 years to process some 4 to 5 milion people .
Kate Green MP,shadow health minister estimated it would take over 40 years initially when PIP was introduced in 2013.
Even with the ATOS,CAPITA,DWP improvements I agree we still could be talking over 20 years to sort this out. If the Government /DWP do indeed fastback reasssments as they claim, then thus can only mean huge and ongoing unfairness and a system which is not fit for purpose .A system far removed from from the system of one to one interviews,detailed scrutiny b of application forms, a just and fair appeal process involving Tribunal Court Hearings. A pragmatic impossibility. Something will have to give.
I would not like to say what this is
Maybe DLA will be retained for more people. After all DLA will still exist alongside PIP for the over 65s as of April 2013.
Clearly there are going to be winners and losers in what will become a DLA /PIP lottery
  • bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141991 by bro58
Hi JR,

Again, this topic is clearly developing into a discussion, with the same speculative subject matter being reiterated again and again !

As I have already stated, unfortunately, this is not a discussion forum.

Regarding your previous comment in the topic about making an FOI request, you, or anyone else can do so : Here.

I will now lock this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.