× Members

PIP-Related phone number

More
8 years 6 months ago #141781 by MariW
PIP-Related phone number was created by MariW
I was called from 01851 64534. My carer was collecting my medication and shopping for me. I was bedbound. My carer tried to call back but the number was unrecognised. She checked used 1471 and selecting option 3. The number was still unrecognised. It this DWP/ PIP-related?

Thanks,

Mari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP-Related phone number

MariW wrote: I was called from 01851 64534. My carer was collecting my medication and shopping for me. I was bedbound. My carer tried to call back but the number was unrecognised. She checked used 1471 and selecting option 3. The number was still unrecognised. It this DWP/ PIP-related?

Thanks,

Mari

I'm not sure that the number you have quoted is valid as the second section has only five numbers instead of the normal six, however, UK area code 01851 is for the islands of Lewis and Great Bernera in the Outer Hebrides, so I think it unlikely that is the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #141807 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic PIP-Related phone number
Gordon,

I’ve checked the number again. It is 01851 64534. Obviously, a person can call from that number but when the call recipient rings back (manually or by pressing key 3) it is unrecognised. I don’t know any individuals or businesses in the area you mention. Google suggests that the DWP do use 01851 numbers in various parts of the country. Example: community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/My-Account-B...01851etc/td-p/727560

Time will tell.

Mari

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.