× Members

pip award reconsideration LETTERr advice

• patricia darling
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141787 by patricia darling
pip award reconsideration LETTERr advice was created by patricia darling
[/HI ALL ,

]I HAVE RECEIVED MY PIP AWARD, AND WAS GRANTED 10 POINTS ON MOBILITY, 6 POINTS ON DAILY LIVING ,THEREFORE THE LOWER RATE IOF MOBILITY ONLY.

I AM CHALLENGING THE DECISION ON TWO POINTS - 1) MAKING COMPLEX BUDGETING DECISIONS - aS I TOLD THE ASSESSOR I DID NOT DO ANY BUDGETING AS MY PARTNER DID IT FOR ME, DUE TO MEMORY AND CONCENTRATION PROBLEMS .

"2) -PLAN AND FOLLOW A ROUTE OF A JOURNEY UNAIDED - I TOLD ASSESSOR I DO NOT DO THIS EVER, AS NEED A LIFT OR TAXI , AS I DO NOT WALK FOR MORE THAN 50 METRES, WITHOUT NEEDING A WHEELCHAIR, AND MY PARTNER THEN PUSHES ME.

THE DWP HAVE ASKED ME TO WRITE A LETTER INTO THEM WITH ANY FURTHER EVIDENCE?

I CAN PROVE MOVING INTO MY PARTNERS HOUSE EARLIER THIS YEAR, AS BUDGETING ON MY OWN, LED TO ARREARS AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS WITH RENT & BILLS, DUE TO MEMORY PROBLEMS.

HOW CAN I PROVIDE PROOF OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAN & FOLLOW A ROUTE UNAIDED, AS I JUST DO NOT DO THIS ?

THANKS FOR ANY COMMENTS

TRISHA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141803 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip award reconsideration LETTERr advice
PD

A couple of points for you to consider.

I am sure that it is just the terminology you have used in your post re budgeting, but you will not score points for activities that you do not do, only those that you cannot do!

Secondly, I'm afraid you will not score points in the Going Out activity due to problems with your walking, these difficulties will only count against the Moving Around activity.

As a general rule, go back to basics;

- What problem do I have (budgeting)?
- Why do I have this problem (memory problems caused by X condition)
- What confirms this (evidence of condition / memory problem)?
- how am I effected?
- when am I effected?
- how long am I effected for?

Don't forget "reliably" and "for the majority of days" as relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: patricia darling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.