× Members

PIP Assessment timescales

More
8 years 6 months ago #141810 by tabby026
PIP Assessment timescales was created by tabby026
Hi I have sent my PIP form off today. I live in the PL12 area, which is covered by ATOS. How soon am I likely to hear about going for an assessment. Is there any circumstances whereby they give an award based on paper evidence only, as I am worried about going for an interview.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141812 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment timescales

tabby026 wrote: Hi I have sent my PIP form off today. I live in the PL12 area, which is covered by ATOS. How soon am I likely to hear about going for an assessment. Is there any circumstances whereby they give an award based on paper evidence only, as I am worried about going for an interview.

Recommendations based just on the claimants paperwork only are rare, but they do happen, it will primarily depend on the quality of your PIP2 form and the evidence attached.

If it will help, you can ask for a home assessment but you will need your GP to write to ATOS explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #141823 by tabby026
Replied by tabby026 on topic PIP Assessment timescales
Thank you. What are the likely timescales for an assessment. I sent my form in today and live in the Pl12 area

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #141830 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Assessment timescales
There are no published stats on how long individual offices take to assess PIP claims.
Obviously they need to take account of each claim on its own merits.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141883 by tabby026
Replied by tabby026 on topic PIP Assessment timescales
Would it be ok to ring the PIP office in 2-3 weeks to ask how my claim is going? If so is it the main centre I would need to contact?

More
8 years 6 months ago #141903 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment timescales

tabby026 wrote: Would it be ok to ring the PIP office in 2-3 weeks to ask how my claim is going? If so is it the main centre I would need to contact?

You can but they are pretty good at keeping PIP claimants up to date with what is happening with their claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.