× Members

PIP Early Decision

• Francis0707
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141811 by Francis0707
PIP Early Decision was created by Francis0707
Hi people!

Today I received a reply from the DWP refusing to grant my PIP claim. This is despite ATOS telling me that my application would not be able to go forward until I have seen the neurologist again and had an ultrasound, both of which were today.
This was something I said I was prepared to wait for, even though I had the ATOS assessment a few weeks ago.

As you can imagine, to see the result/refusal come through the post was quite a shock.

Would anyone like to enlighten me as to what they're playing at? I am aware that I have to go through the Mandatory Reconsideration process, and I had no doubt they'd go in that direction, but because I was told I had to wait until after my appointments for a decision, I thought it would be after that.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Early Decision
Francis

The Assessment Providers are not required to wait for additional information if they have sufficient evidence available to make a recommendation, I've never heard of an assessor saying that they would and I think it likely that they over stepped their authority in doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.