× Members

WRAG and Universal Job Match site

More
8 years 6 months ago #141822 by drewan
WRAG and Universal Job Match site was created by drewan
I've been told by a private WRAG provider that I must register on the Universal Job Match site to receive details of jobs, otherwise I may lose my benefits. On the other hand they are saying that I'm not obliged to search (or seek?) a job whilst on WRAG.

Am I entitled to refuse to register, as I'm worried that the DWP will use this against me if I don't and/or do not accept a job offered?

Any experiences gratefully received!

Drewan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #141833 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic WRAG and Universal Job Match site
Hi
I would register if it was me.
I would also make sure my profile fully explained my current situation and make any prospective employers fully aware. As you are not obliged to search or seek any jobs I would think it highly unlikely any jobs would be offered, certainly without an interview which you can use to make the employer aware of your circumstances which you should do by law anyway eg prescribed medication, physical limitations, potential risk to yourself and/or others.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142548 by drewan
Replied by drewan on topic WRAG and Universal Job Match site
Hi!
Sorry for delay in responding. I'm perfectly willing to search the UJM site for jobs, but what I'd really like to know is:

1) Can I refuse to actually apply for jobs while I'm in the WRAG (i.e. would there be any sanctions)?

2) If I did decide to register with UJM, can I decline to allow DWP access to my searches, (at least while I'm still in the WRAG - about 1 year still to go)?

Thanks for the help!

Drewan

More
8 years 6 months ago #142559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG and Universal Job Match site

drewan wrote: Hi!
Sorry for delay in responding. I'm perfectly willing to search the UJM site for jobs, but what I'd really like to know is:

1) Can I refuse to actually apply for jobs while I'm in the WRAG (i.e. would there be any sanctions)?

2) If I did decide to register with UJM, can I decline to allow DWP access to my searches, (at least while I'm still in the WRAG - about 1 year still to go)?

Thanks for the help!

Drewan

Legally you cannot be required to work or to seek work while you are in the WRAG, it is difficult to see what you can be asked to do on UJM that does not conflict with this.

To be clear you can most certainly refuse to apply for jobs and there should be no risk of sanction.

I'm afraid, because we don't deal with JSA on the forum, I can't give you a definitive answer to your second question, but I would have thought from the DWP perspective, there would be little point your enrolling on UJM if you denied the DWP the ability to check what you are doing.

I would suggest you raise this issue with your advisor, to find our what they are trying to achieve through this request and remind them that as you are on ESA and legally not required to seek work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142618 by drewan
Replied by drewan on topic WRAG and Universal Job Match site
Hi Gordon,
Thanks very much for your reply. I will raise it with my adviser (seeing her in a fortnight) and perhaps update you?
Thanks, Drewan.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.