× Members

PIP Granted Few Questions

More
8 years 6 months ago #141983 by HarryD
PIP Granted Few Questions was created by HarryD
Hello
I have been a member for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm writting on behalf of my partner. He was awarded enhanced rate of PIP care nothing for mobility, he scored 4 points for that. My question is we received the medical examiners report from the DWP. A lot of what is said in that is not what was stated at the house visit and wrong and a lot of information missing. Should my husband contact DWP and tell them of the inaccurate information on this medical visit report or not? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141997 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Granted Few Questions

HD wrote: Hello
I have been a member for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm writting on behalf of my partner. He was awarded enhanced rate of PIP care nothing for mobility, he scored 4 points for that. My question is we received the medical examiners report from the DWP. A lot of what is said in that is not what was stated at the house visit and wrong and a lot of information missing. Should my husband contact DWP and tell them of the inaccurate information on this medical visit report or not? Thanks

Hi HD,

That depends on whether you are happy with the The EH Rate Daily Living PIP Award, or not.

If you contact The DWP complaining that you are not happy with the content of The PA4 Medical Report which resulted in you not receiving a Mobility Award, they may take this as you requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the decision.

In which case, they can also re-look at the Daily Living Award, which could result in that being reduced or taken away.

See : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

If you just want to complain regarding the quality and standard of the PA4, you could do so to The Assessment Provider. (ATOS or Capita)

ATOS

Or

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You should take into account that if you manage to totally discredit The PA4 Medical Report, that this may bring into question the recommendation of the Daily Living Award also.

See : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

How to progress, is only a decision that you can make.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142187 by HarryD
Replied by HarryD on topic PIP Granted Few Questions
Thanks for that. A lot of information about his treatment was missing and what appointments he had at the hospital was missing too. He scored 4 points for needing help with toilet needs, but no points for being incontinent of urine which he is and has to wear a catheter sheath. I though you would score points for both and the highest value taken.No mention of his hormone and chemo treatment or his lymphodemea in his legs. It seemed to focus on his trembling hands more.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142195 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Granted Few Questions
All these issues should be part of your decision to take further action.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.