× Members

PIP form arrives

More
8 years 6 months ago #141988 by shimtoan
PIP form arrives was created by shimtoan
I received my PIP form on friday. I'm ok with that as I'll use B&W guides to help.

What irks me about is that we rang up on 2nd October, the form arrived 9th October and has to be back with them 1st November.

That's 30 days from when they sent the form, but only 23 from when we received it, and the last 2 days are the weekend so effectively 21 days.

Added to that the return envelope is 2nd class so that gives us 19 days at best, although the time it took to receive it we could easily call it 14 days.

We're down to 12 days already as me and my partner have both been ill.

I was wondering if it's possible to ring up the DWP to get an extension of 14 days like you could with DLA because I think it's appalling how 'short-changed' we've been timewise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142008 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP form arrives
It is perfectly possible to ring the DWP and request an extension giving the extenuating circumstances you set out.
An extension isn't guaranteed but they may grant one.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142285 by shimtoan
Replied by shimtoan on topic PIP form arrives
we got a 2 week extension.

Apparently it's quite common for forms to take a week or more to arrive so it's almost a given that you get an extension in that circumstance.

The phone message also said it's an average of 16 weeks between the form arriving back at the DWP and a medical taking place, but the lady on the phone said she'd been told 8. Either way, it takes a great deal of pressure off our shoulders
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.