× Members

ESA.

• D Wilson
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141989 by D Wilson
ESA. was created by D Wilson
:unsure: Firstly how do I know if I am on contribution based or income based ESA? I was placed in the Wrag group and appealed and won. I was getting £112 per week. They asked what my husbands occupational pension was and we told them on 13th july this year. When we asked them about this they said it wouldn't make any difference to my ESA. On Friday this week I got a text saying "We have received the information on YOUR pension and adjusted your ESA. I have asked and they have reduced my ESA to £59.??. Why? Anyway I don't have a pension. Totally confused. Can I demand a written letter explaining this. The stress is increasing my epilepsy and my BP is shooting up (it's high anyway) and getting chest pain. Any answers please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142009 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA.
There should be accompanying paperwork with your new award setting out your rights of appeal or review.
This should be posted.
You are certainly entitled to ask for a full written determination and you could ask for one and ask to submit a formal appeal or request for review at the same time, stating the basic mistake they have made. You should also tell them they have exarcerbated your condition(s) with their action.
If you are on contribution based ESA you do not need to supply any further info.
The fact your husbands occupational pension details were requested suggests you are on income based as they would not be entitled to ask for such details else.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by foss27. Reason: Incomplete first draft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.