× Members

pip assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #142006 by homer
pip assessment was created by homer
i am worried about my pip assessment,due to my current mental health condition i suffer from anxiety attacks and/or bouts of paranoia which can lead me to have real problems controlling my behaviour, i can have uncontrollable rages or outbursts of threatening or abusive language. i have told the dwp about this when filling the "how your disability affects you" form. what could be the result if i did "lose it" during my assessment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142013 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic pip assessment
You could end up in a bit of trouble.
Can you get someone to accompany you or be there with you for a home assessment?
Could you get your GPs assistance?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142077 by homer
Replied by homer on topic pip assessment
i have not heard yet if i am going to get a home assessment, i dont know about your GP but mine has not got time to turn around let alone accompany me for the assessment, sad but true, as an aside would i not have some sort of "defence" as it were, a case of i told you so!

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142085 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip assessment

homer wrote: i have not heard yet if i am going to get a home assessment, i dont know about your GP but mine has not got time to turn around let alone accompany me for the assessment, sad but true, as an aside would i not have some sort of "defence" as it were, a case of i told you so!

Hi h,

If the Assessment Providers have been informed of your tendency to go into rages due to your health conditions, and have corroborative evidence of this, they should risk assess the situation, and make reasonable adjustments if deemed necessary.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.