× Members

PIP assessment cancelled over phone

More
8 years 6 months ago #142017 by Doris
This was one hour before the appointment time.

From reading peoples experience on the forum, this appears a fairly common occurrence. Would I be right in thinking this cancellation [on Capita's part] is not included in the one the claimant is allowed ?

A follow up letter for a new appointment will be sent,' however, I have no proof they called, so I hope there is no history of Capita denying they phoned and cancelled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment cancelled over phone

Doris wrote: This was one hour before the appointment time.

From reading peoples experience on the forum, this appears a fairly common occurrence. Would I be right in thinking this cancellation [on Capita's part] is not included in the one the claimant is allowed ?

A follow up letter for a new appointment will be sent,' however, I have no proof they called, so I hope there is no history of Capita denying they phoned and cancelled.

It is unfortunately common for this to happen.

No, it should not count against you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142047 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic PIP assessment cancelled over phone
Thanks Gordon.

What is the situation if the claimant has both physical and mental issues?

Can a mental health professional assess on physical mobility; equally, can a physiotherapist assess mental health conditions.

This had me wondering as my partner has both, and I sensed they didn't have the right type of HP available.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142050 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment cancelled over phone

Doris wrote: Thanks Gordon.

What is the situation if the claimant has both physical and mental issues?

Can a mental health professional assess on physical mobility; equally, can a physiotherapist assess mental health conditions.

This had me wondering as my partner has both, and I sensed they didn't have the right type of HP available.

The Governments position, which is supported by Case Law, is that all assessors are trained to a DWP set standard in disability assessment, this means that they have had training in both physical and mental health issues.

As a result you cannot assume that the assessor is unable to provide an accurate assessment of your husband's problems, it may turn out that that they cannot, but you will only be able to address this after the report has been produced and you would need to show that an assessor with training in the relevant area(s) would have produced a substantially different report due to their training in relevant areas.

As to the cancellation, all of the Assessment Providers over book their appointments on the basis that a number of claimants will fail to attend, this unfortunately leaves them exposed when their own staff go sick or simply take a day off.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.